Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another rubber tree plant...

Hope.

A good word for today as I am ready for 2006 to be over and for 2007 to begin. I hope that 2007 will be a better year... 2006 didn't totally suck but very little of what I thought was going to happen happened. I don't know what I think will happen this year, but I hope it includes working with people who aren't mean and good solid health for myself and the people I love. Hopefully it will include figuring out what I'm going to do next, if not financial aid counseling anymore.

Zirpu just realized that he didn't check in when he had jury duty on December 6, so I also hope he doesn't go to jail. (-:

The main reason why I enjoy the social work I have done for the last twelve years is that I am all about the future, helping people heal their families or get an education. I hope that they will reach their goals - that their futures will look the way they hope they will.

Risk is hope. Starting anything is an expression of hope, a pact between the person who's starting and the future. By starting this project, with the plan to be working on it a year from now, I'm hoping for a vision I have of the future to come true.

Even if I don't know what else I'm hoping for, I'm hoping for that.


"'Cause he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
High apple-pie-in-the-sky hopes..."

No comments: