Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One of those moments

Sometimes you make a new friend, through some social activity like a party or a club, or through a mutual friend. You know this friend for awhile, and you think you know them "well enough" and then one night you're listening to them talk and you realize they weren't what you thought they were.


Sometimes the realization is about something great, like you see their passion for something, or they get educated about something and can hold discussions of depth on that subject. I've had this experience recently. A not-very-new friend suddenly seems much more complex than I had assumed - and I know this is because I'm seeing something in her that may have been there all along, but I didn't have the opportunity to see it until now.

No comments: