Monday, December 25, 2006

Who needs...?

I've never been much good at resolutions, if only because I make them before or after January 1, or I change the rules. So it's only the next day, not next Monday, and I'm here again.

+++


Who needs to dig through boxes when the internet is right there to answer when I figure out what my question is? I typed in “word stones” as a search and got a bunch of sites selling these stones, the first of which was clearly aimed at people in recovery. Because the Letty Owings Center is a residential drug treatment program, I clicked there and found many images of these stones, and I have my word list. I should be able to write at least a few words about any of these words at any time. When I was in tenth grade Ms. Johnson always had a word on the overhead projector on which we had to write five paragraphs every week. Well, we didn't have to write on the word but we had to use the word in context in our essays. I specifically remember “bucolic” on the overhead. I've done it before, I can do it again.

No comments: