Friday, December 28, 2007

Decisions, decisions

I have made two decisions.

One regards this blog: In 2008 I will back off from daily writing, but I will write at least three times a week. I hope that by having a little leeway I will produce more better writing. I am not going to set the days, so if I write on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I've met my commitment for the week.


I will probably participate in NaBloPoMo '08, though.


The other regards my birthday: I am looking at a "zero year" this year. Yep, I'm turning 40. A friend of mine turned 40 in April and she had a birthday celebration every day that month. I'm going to take a page from her book and have some kind of birthday event on the 15th of each month between now and my actual birthday.


I can't believe I'm going to be 40. Actually I can believe even less that Bink and Jujubi, born the same week I was, will be 40. Mrs. P's birthday is around Chinese New Year so she goes first (Phil would already be 40 since he was born a year earlier). The all still look the same to me (except for hairstyles) as they did when we lived at Our House in 1987.




If I have a party every month maybe by the time it happens I'll be used to the idea (and remember, I just got carded) - and then I'll be working on 41.

Well, it beats the alternative.

No comments: