Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Writing about writing II

Today after dropping Zirpu at BART I went to Eon Cafe. I have learned that sometimes I have to take myself away from the computer to get any writing done. Mostly of course it's the internet I need to cut off - there is a lot of stuff to look at out there. Eon's a local business and I'm trying to patronize local businesses if I can. Supporting small businesses and keeping the sales taxes in town are probably good things to do. I don't like their drip coffee that much, but the Vietnamese Cappuccino is worth checking out - it's made with sweetened condensed milk. They have wifi, but I don't have a laptop.


I opened my notebook and wrote down some of the things that have been happening, and what I think about them, for the last few weeks. I feel like I have been doing a lot of writing recently, like long emails for business (yes, business), a financial aid post, and the daily posts here. In fact I think the quality of my daily posts is suffering, and I suspect again that this is because I am waiting until too late in the day to write them. I also think that it is because I was feeling like I was behind on "all this writing" I had scheduled in my head to do so I wasn't putting as much thought into the posts and certainly not as much editing as I should have.


Writing is the one task I put off and put off the more of it there is to do. Now that I am through all that stuff, I hope that I will be able to concentrate again more fully on this project.

No comments: