Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My "Year On" Is Over

Yesterday I accepted the Program Coordinator position, which I have been filling "interim," as a regular full-time position.


I don't know where this will lead. I'm used to making three-year professional plans and I have pretty close to no plan right now. Still, I figure working at the food bank is a good way to see what happens next - as I say, it will keep me off the streets. Maybe I will make a plan or maybe this (professional) life will become the plan.


The Food Bank Director said that he had emailed the Management Committee that I had accepted the offer of the permanent position. Apparently he received at least one email asking if I understood that my employment is "at-will" (as is almost all employment in California; either party can choose to terminate the employment). I smiled and told him that I am clear that I can leave the food bank at any time.


So, it's official. I'm a regularly employed person again. My "year on" has resulted in a paid, regular, job, even before my year was up.


I knew when I left Berkeley that it would result in something good (funny, I almost typed ""something food").

No comments: