Monday, August 6, 2007

Old-Fashioned

I just finished addressing an envelope to my friend who is also Marko's mom. I'm sending her some photos from Cabinstock that I had printed at Walgreen's. I didn't think it would be right to send some photos without a letter, so I wrote what turned out to be six pages, about Cabinstock and work and Zirpu and my family, all of which she would ask me about if we talked on the phone.


Can you tell that my friend doesn't have email?


I like email, and sending a link to photos to my friends, but I also like old-fashioned mail. I like stamps, and envelopes, and putting letters in mailboxes. I really like the postal service website. It's so interesting to receive a personal letter that to me it's interesting to send one. Not that I do it very often. Maybe especially because it's rare I enjoy it.

No comments: