Sunday, October 21, 2007

If your heart is in your dream/ No request is too extreme

I believe this fervently:

If you don't tell people your dreams they can't help you make them come true.


I think perhaps I learned this from my brother. When you're self employed you have to talk to everyone about your business. It's called networking, and No does this for his business daily and I have also talked about his business with acquaintances to help with making connections.

This feeling I have about dreams is bigger than "networking," it's about friendship and kindness and love and about being human. I have not often been in the position of helping people make their dreams come true (well, outside of a financial aid office, anyway). The most amazing thing about doing it though is that it never seems to me like that much of an effort and it makes someone else feel so good.

No comments: